Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

openVINO with facenet or Dlib

Tyagi__Dushyant
Beginner

Hello,

Can we use use facenet or Dlib with openVINO? if it is possible then please suggest how can we proceed with it.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tyagi__Dushyant
Beginner

Hello,

My version of OpenVino toolkit is 2018.5.455

OS version - Ubuntu 16.04.1

Afetr successfully initialized openVINO environment , i tryed to compile the facenet .

steps are given below:-

1.source /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.455/bin/setupvars.sh
[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized

1.cd Face-Recognition-with-OpenVino-Toolkit

1.mkdir build && cd build

2.cmake ..

3.make

During make i am getting error given below:

In file included from /opt/Face-Recognition-with-OpenVino-Toolkit/preprocess_tool/main.cpp:22:0:
/opt/Face-Recognition-with-OpenVino-Toolkit/preprocess_tool/../src/face_detection.cpp:18:43: fatal error: mkldnn/mkldnn_extension_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Please suggest how i can solve this?

0 Kudos
m__akshaya
New Contributor I

Hi Tyagi, 

The source code you are using is written for an older version of Intel Openvion toolkit. 

Better to understand the procedure used in the source code for face recognition and implement using the latest Openvion toolkit APIs.

You can make use of smart classroom demo sample source code.  

Thanks,

Akshaya

0 Kudos
Tyagi__Dushyant1
Beginner

Hello Akshaya,

Now i tryed it with the latest version of openVINO, but again getting the same error.

My version of OpenVino toolkit is 2019.1.094

OS version - Ubuntu 16.04.1

Afetr successfully initialized openVINO environment , i tryed to compile the facenet .

steps are given below:-

1.source /opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.094/bin/setupvars.sh 
[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized

1.cd Face-Recognition-with-OpenVino-Toolkit

1.mkdir build && cd build

2.cmake ..

3.make

During make i am getting error given below:

In file included from /opt/Face-Recognition-with-OpenVino-Toolkit/preprocess_tool/main.cpp:22:0:
/opt/Face-Recognition-with-OpenVino-Toolkit/preprocess_tool/../src/face_detection.cpp:19:43: fatal error: mkldnn/mkldnn_extension_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
preprocess_tool/CMakeFiles/preprocess_tool.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'preprocess_tool/CMakeFiles/preprocess_tool.dir/main.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [preprocess_tool/CMakeFiles/preprocess_tool.dir/main.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:266: recipe for target 'preprocess_tool/CMakeFiles/preprocess_tool.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [preprocess_tool/CMakeFiles/preprocess_tool.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
root@apaul-desktop:/opt/Face-Recognition-with-OpenVino-Toolkit/build#

0 Kudos
Tyagi__Dushyant1
Beginner

Any update on the Isssue?

0 Kudos
m__akshaya
New Contributor I

Hi Tyagi,

As I told earlier that the source code you are using is written with respect to the old version of Openvion toolkit. Some library/header files structure is changed or removed in the latest version of Openvino toolkit. So it will not compile with the latest version. 

Better to understand the source code you are using and try to rewrite the code or modify the code. For the reference please go through smart classroom demo sample.  

Thanks,

Akshaya

0 Kudos
Tyagi__Dushyant1
Beginner

Hello Akshay,

Thanks for information

Can you please tell from where i can get the smart classroom demo sample.

0 Kudos
Tyagi__Dushyant1
Beginner

Got the smart classroom demo sample.  

Thanks

0 Kudos