Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

openvino starterkit with cyclone 5

MMoha9
Beginner

hello, i was trying do test inference engine with cyclone 5 fpga on the starterkit openvino (C5P <=>OSK ).

when i tried to do the inference on fpga : i got this error:

root@UP2:/opt/intel/2019_r1/openvino/deployment_tools/terasic_demo/demo# ./02_security_barrier.sh fpga

target_device = HETERO:FPGA,CPU

target_precision = FP16

###################################################

Build Inference Engine samples

[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:

API version ............ 1.6

Build .................. custom_releases/2019/R1_c9b66a26e4d65bb986bb740e73f58c6e9e84c7c2

[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters

[ INFO ] Capturing video streams from the video files or loading images

[ INFO ] Files were added: 1

[ INFO ]    /opt/intel/2019_r1/openvino/deployment_tools/terasic_demo/demo/pic_video/car_barrier.bmp

[ INFO ] Number of input image files: 1

[ INFO ] Number of input video files: 0

[ INFO ] Number of input channels: 1

[ INFO ] Display resolution: 1920x1080

[ INFO ] Loading plugin HETERO:FPGA,CPU

Build .................. heteroPlugin

Description ....... heteroPlugin

[ INFO ] Loading plugin CPU

Build .................. 22443

Description ....... MKLDNNPlugin

[ INFO ] Loading network files for VehicleDetection

[ INFO ] Batch size is forced to 1

[ INFO ] Checking Vehicle Detection inputs

[ INFO ] Checking Vehicle Detection outputs

[ INFO ] Loading Vehicle Detection model to the HETERO:FPGA,CPU plugin

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'dla::error'

i fact, the board is only connected to laptop using JTAG cable , there is not PCIe connection.

so anyone have any suggestions about this error?

should i connect the board with PCIe slot to the host to do inference?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Srilekha_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us. OpenVino related issues have a dedicated forum https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision. We urge you to post your question there for a faster response and meanwhile we will check from our end.

0 Kudos
Srilekha_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Looks like Cyclone series of FPGAs are not supported through OpenVino. Here is the list of FPGA’s supported, please refer the below link:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/openvino-toolkit/hardware#IntelFPGAs

Did you get a chance to post your query in OpenVino forum. Please do confirm us.

0 Kudos
Srilekha_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you please confirm us whether your query got clarified.

Please be informed that the thread will get closed within 2 business days assuming that the solution provided was helpful.

0 Kudos
MMoha9
Beginner

Hello,

Openvino starterkit with cyclone 5 fpga supports the inference through openvino toolkit. But we need to connect the fpga to the PCIE slot. But i want to do inference with out connecting the board to the PCIE, it is possible for the intel fpga devices such as arria and stratix?

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
Srilekha_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We have contacted our concerned team regarding this, will get back to you soon once we received an update.

0 Kudos
Srilekha_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, Cyclone 5 is not one of the platforms we officially support.

OpenVino forum has answered this query here -  https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision/topic/816245. You can refer the link for more details. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

0 Kudos
Srilekha_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you please confirm us whether your query got clarified.

Please be informed that the thread will get closed within 2 business days assuming that the solution provided was helpful.

0 Kudos
Srilekha_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Since we have not received a response, we are closing this thread with the assumption that the query got clarified. Please feel free to open a new thread if you are facing any further issues. 

After case closure, you will receive a survey email. We appreciate it if you can complete this survey regarding the support you received.

0 Kudos