Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

openvivo 2022.1 (pip install) run cv.dnn.readNet error(-2:Unspecified error)

jsy1784
Beginner

I got a error message:

(openvino_env) c:\openvino>python stu01.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "stu01.py", line 4, in <module>
net=cv.dnn.readNet('face-detection-adas-0001.xml','face-detection-adas-0001.bin')
cv2.error: OpenCV(4.5.5) D:\a\opencv-python\opencv-python\opencv\modules\dnn\src\dnn.cpp:4319: error: (-2:Unspecified error) Build OpenCV with Inference Engine to enable loading models from Model Optimizer. in function 'cv::dnn::dnn4_v20211220::Net::readFromModelOptimizer'

I installed openvino2022 by pip. i got the same error on windows,ubuntu20.04 and docker image .
I installed openvino2022 follow the "openvino_docs_install_guides_install_dev_tools.html".

i run openvino_env\Scripts\activate on windows11 ,run source openvino_env/bin/activate on ubuntu.

my py file like this:

import cv2 as cv
import cv2.dnn

net=cv.dnn.readNet('face-detection-adas-0001.xml','face-detection-adas-0001.bin')
net.setPreferableTarget(cv.dnn.DNN_TARGET_CPU)
frame = cv.imread('faces.jpg')
blob = cv.dnn.blobFromImage(frame, size=(672, 384), ddepth=cv.CV_8U)

net.setInput(blob)
out = net.forward()
for detection in out.reshape(-1, 7):
confidence = float(detection[2])
xmin = int(detection[3] * frame.shape[1])
ymin = int(detection[4] * frame.shape[0])
xmax = int(detection[5] * frame.shape[1])
ymax = int(detection[6] * frame.shape[0])

if confidence > 0.5:
cv.rectangle(frame, (xmin, ymin), (xmax, ymax), color=(0, 255, 0))
cv.imwrite('out.png', frame)

face-detection-adas-0001.xml and face-detection-adas-0001.bin and faces.jpg and stu01.py in the same folder.

How can I solve this problem? Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi jsy1784,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Download and install this OpenCV:  Win pack with dnn module accelerated by Inference Engine (DLDT) (for AVX2 platforms).

After extracting all the files, run the setupvars (opencv-4.5.5-openvino-dldt-2021.4.2-vc16-avx2\opencv\build\setup_vars_opencv4.cmd) for the OpenCV in command prompt.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

OpenVINO from pip does not include OpenCV built with OpenVINO support, instead it uses community opencv-python package. If you want to run models in OpenVINO IR format via OpenCV DNN API and OpenVINO from pip you can try to install OpenCV used by the OpenVINO installer package:

• Download and extract corresponding archive from this location: https://storage.openvinotoolkit.org/repositories/openvino/packages/2022.1/opencv/
  • Activate virtual envionment with OpenVINO installed: <path-to-venv>\Scripts\activate
  • Activate OpenCV environment: <path-to-opencv>\setupvars.bat
  • Add OpenVINO libs location to the PATH: set PATH=<path-to-venv>\Lib\site-packages\openvino\libs;%PATH%
  • Try it: python -c "import cv2; print(cv2.__file__)"
0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi jsy1784,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided solutions and suggestions. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos