Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Converting a fixed-node license to a floating license

SSmithQ
Novice

Hello

Is it possible to convert an existing fixed-node license into a floating license?

Edit: Specifically, an Intel Quartus Pro license.

Regards,

SS

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. May we know why you wanted to convert fixed-node license into a floating license?

0 Kudos
SSmithQ
Novice

Hi

I would like to convert the license so that I am able to access the license easily away from my office - currently, as a fixed node, the license is associated with a desktop machine. While working from home, I would like to be able to use the license from my laptop (using a VPN connection) from my laptop without needing to use remote desktop as this is sometimes slow and inconvenient. I don't want to rehost the license to my laptop as then I can't use it on my (more powerful) desktop when I am at the office. The obvious solution is to use a floating license.

Regards,

SS

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Could you provide details for checking?

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
SSmithQ
Novice

Hi there

I can't see how to send a private message.

Regards,

SS

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We PM you a private message. Hope you received it. 

0 Kudos
SSmithQ
Novice

I have replied to the private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Got it! give me some time for checking with customer service team. TQ

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos