Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Dual/Side-by-Side Standard and Pro versions installed with QUARTUS_SW_ONE license?

Bill_Derby
Novice

I have a QUARTUS_SW_ONE license that I just purchased. I do work for multiple customers and have a situation where I need to support smaller, older devices (Max V, 10) and also be able to do builds for larger devices (i.e. Arria 10) as part of a team for a different customer. The larger device project is already working with Quartus Prime Pro.  Converting the larger project back to standard edition is not an option and the pro version does not support the older devices.  

So the question is, given that the SW_ONE license allows me to install either tool, can I install both standard and pro Quartus versions side by side and just run the one I need for both projects when working on them.  (i.e. not at the same time)  

Given the time to download and space for the side by side installed - I would like to confirm this is possible before proceeding. 

and if not, what options you would advise I have given my situation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bill_Derby
Novice

The answer is yes, you can do a side-by-side load and the license play's nice with both versions.

I loaded the latest Pro version 22.3 along with my existing standard version (21.1) and can compile both my projects without license complaint. There also appears to be no system environment issues with the side by side install.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bill_Derby
Novice

The answer is yes, you can do a side-by-side load and the license play's nice with both versions.

I loaded the latest Pro version 22.3 along with my existing standard version (21.1) and can compile both my projects without license complaint. There also appears to be no system environment issues with the side by side install.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Sounds good, thanks for sharing and hope everything is working well at your side. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos