Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Enabling configuration encryption option in Quartus Lite

bhansen
Beginner

Hello,

I need access to the configuration encryption options for Intel MAX10 FPGA in Quartus Lite 18.1 which requires a license per AN 556: Using the Design Security Features in Intel FPGAs

I registered for a license through the self-service license tool using one of the NIC ID's on my machine (there are several)  and received a .dat license file via e-mail. The .dat license was added in Quartus License Setup but doesn't resolve issue, encryption options are not available in the Convert Programming Files utility.

Then noticed that NIC ID in the license setup window is a comma separated list of NIC ID's present on my machine (02xxxxxxxx80 , 74xxxxxxxx3b , 74xxxxxxxx7f , f8xxxxxxxx05 , faxxxxxxxx04 , f8xxxxxxxx04 , f8xxxxxxxx08). Does license need to include all NIC IDs?

I attempted to get a new license through self-service tool, but no products appear in page and The original NIC ID I had used is not recognized.

Intel customer support directed me to post my issue here to receive support from someone on the FPGA team... can you assist me in enabling the configuration encryption options for Intel  in Quartus Lite v18.1?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

The encryption License granted. Kindly generate a license file in Self Service Licensing Center

Guidance: using Google Chrome, login to Self Service Licensing Center at https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html --> select Computer and License Files --> Select a computer to generate a new license file.            

Refer licensing Demo for more:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/demonstrations/online/licensing/onl-licensing.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. Apologies for the inconvenience happen and for the long delay as I was on leave. I will help apply the encryption options for Intel Quartus Lite v18.1. For further checking kindly advise the following.

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

You can also reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
bhansen
Beginner

Hello,

Name : Bryan Hansen

Email Address : bryan.hansen@medtronic.com

Company Name : Medtronic

Company Address : Medtronic, Parkmore West Business Park, Galway, Ireland, H91 A2Y5

NICID(Mac Add) : There are several NICID's on my system, some are from VPN adapter that may or may not appear depending on VPN connection.

From the Quartus Lite License screen: 0205857feb80 , 74782781483b , 747827efe67f , f85ea0644205 , fa5ea0644204 , f85ea0644204 , f85ea0644208

bhansen_0-1625032166329.png

Have also attached ipconifg output in separate file.

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for reply. We have open ticket requesting encryption license. I’ll be back with an update.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

The encryption License granted. Kindly generate a license file in Self Service Licensing Center

Guidance: using Google Chrome, login to Self Service Licensing Center at https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html --> select Computer and License Files --> Select a computer to generate a new license file.            

Refer licensing Demo for more:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/demonstrations/online/licensing/onl-licensing.html

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update, hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos