Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

How to find serial number for Stratix 10 GX dev kit purchased from Mouser

JSambrook_CSSI_FPGA
New Contributor I

Hello - 

I recently purchased and received a development kit from Mouser. 

I am now trying to find a serial number for the dev kit that I can use to register the development kit with the Intel registration center. 

As I understand it, I first have to register my ownership of the product in order to get an activation code so that once I install the FlexLM license manager I can activate the one-year Quartus Prime Pro software that is included with the kit. 

I tried using the serial number on the printed label on the outside of the (large) box that the dev kit comes in. That serial number starts with "10SLTPCIe" and then ends with a seven digit sequence.

When I try using that serial number at the registration center, it says "Not a valid serial number format."

In closing,

1) How do I determine the serial number of the development kit I just purchased, and,

2) How do I get an activation code so I can get access to my Quartus Prime Pro license?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

Best Regards,

John Sambrook

Common Sense Systems, Inc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

The development kit comes with a serial number that is stated either on the box or a customer letter (14 alphanumerical Code from box/Email Confirmation). You can check with the dealer where you purchased the development kit.

This serial number serves as a license activation code to activate your Quartus software license via the Self-Service Licensing Center.

You could also check if the software DKE license is visible in the Products and Users View in Self-Service Licensing Center https://licensing.intel.com/ . If the license is visible, no activation is needed. You may proceed to create the new license file. If the license is not visible, the serial number will be the activation code for you to activate the license.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

The development kit comes with a serial number that is stated either on the box or a customer letter (14 alphanumerical Code from box/Email Confirmation). You can check with the dealer where you purchased the development kit.

This serial number serves as a license activation code to activate your Quartus software license via the Self-Service Licensing Center.

You could also check if the software DKE license is visible in the Products and Users View in Self-Service Licensing Center https://licensing.intel.com/ . If the license is visible, no activation is needed. You may proceed to create the new license file. If the license is not visible, the serial number will be the activation code for you to activate the license.

JSambrook_CSSI_FPGA
New Contributor I

This helped greatly. I was able to get my license.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

You're welcome, it's been my pleasure helping you. Hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos