Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

How to resolve Flex LM failure

JHenk3
Beginner

We just upgraded our Quartus license from Standard to Pro. The license file is detected, so can open Quartus Pro, but compiles for any Arria 10 part fail - with an error saying: Warning(292000): FLEXlm software error: Version of vendor daemon is too old. and a statement: Error(119013): Current license file does not support the 10AS066H1F34E1HG device. Go to the Self-Service Licensing Center on the Intel FPGA website to manage your licenses (https://mysupport.altera.com/AlteraLicensing/license/index.html). 

We have upgraded the license daemon to to Version V11.16.2.1 build 245043 x64_n6. (current version on the Intel website.) but still cannot build with the Arria10 family.

0 Kudos
38 Replies
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen,

Do you follow our suggestion? Would like to know the result and if this doesn't help, we will need to proceed with next steps.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
JHenk3
Beginner

Hi Joseph -

Our IT fellow confirmed that the download link you provided was the one he used. He also checked the server and said: "The License appears to only have one license key and the HOSTID matches the previously used one from the other licenses."

In addition, I did provide a copy of the license file back to Steve and he confirmed it 'looked correct'.

Thanks,

Jen

0 Kudos
SZack
Partner

Here is the license file that Jen has

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen,

We've submitted an engineering case to investigate this further. Tracking ID = 1507417625.

Will get back to you once we have more.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen,

From our investigation, it seems like the Quartus is connecting to the old license daemon. There is nothing to do with the license as we checked, that should works well.

Our suggestion is to reboot the license server machine and then restart the license service. Alternative, generate the new license file first then you can try move the license server to a different machine.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen & Steven,

We would like to move this forward. Can you provide the status for us?

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
JHenk3
Beginner

I am working on it - I hope to have an update by the end of today. Thanks. Jen

0 Kudos
JHenk3
Beginner

Sorry for the delay in response. It is an issue of access on my end. I will not have an answer today - I am hoping next Wednesday (2Oct) to have an update for you. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen,

Appreciate you are responding to us. Next Wednesday will be OK for us. We truly appreciate yours patient and we will will absolutely wait for yours respond.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
JHenk3
Beginner

Hi -

A reboot of the server did not resolve the issue. We are looking at trying to rehost the license on another machine (this might take a couple days due to access issues). One thing that came up - I have multiple license managers for other tools on the machine - one in particular also uses FlexLM - but at version 11.13.1.4. Is it possible this is somehow the conflict?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen,

Our suggestion is to test with 1 set of your system associated with your license server. This will help to narrow down your issue and verify in better way that if this is a license or environment configuration related.

It seems like a server reboot doesn't help at this case. Can you generate a new license file then move the license server to a different machine as I suggested early?

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen,

It has been a while. Can you let us know your status?

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
JHenk3
Beginner

Hi Joseph -

Sorry about the delay, but Wed and Thur are the only two days each week I can access - and even then it is limited. We are working on isolating the license server to a separate machine. I will let you know when I have an update.

Thanks,

Jen

0 Kudos
JHenk3
Beginner

Joseph -

I do not have an update for you today. I should have some information on 23Oct. Thank you.

Jen

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen,

Appreciate for yours update. That is absolutely OK for you to have longer time in order to validate our suggestion. We can definitely wait further for your test result.

Once you have a chance to do some testing, keep us posted.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen,

Once you have more details, do keep us posted.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
JHenk3
Beginner

Hi Joseph -

The problem is resolved. We have a number of license managers all on the same machine - and the issue was updating the correct license manager. It is now updated without affecting our other licenses. Thank you so much for your patience with our access limitations, as well as your accurate assessment of our problem.

Jen

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Jen,

That was a good news for both of us. As per our experienced, most of the FlexLM issue resolved by updating to the latest daemon. Your case was a little complex as it involved multiple license in one machine.

At this point, we would like to put this case to closed. Please do feel free to open a new case in future for more supports as it is our pleasure . We appreciate your trust on Intel products & supports. Hope to see you in new thread.

Thanks,

Joseph

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos