Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

I can't instal the Quartus prime lite on WIN10, it always fails to respond.

Czh00
Beginner

When installing quartus, the progress bar will get stuck in half, and then prompts no response. No more results from waiting.

As shown below:批注 2019-12-09 100530.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Please check the things below,

1. Quartus Lite 18.1 requires approximately 14GB of available disk space on the drive or partition where you are installing the software.
  2. If you are running the Bitdefender antivirus software, you should temporarily disable the software during the Quartus Prime software download and installation proc
  3. Always try to install the Quartus tool in empty directory or different drive with Administrator Privileges(Avoid to installed with previously installed directory)
  4. If still issue persists, download new fresh Quartus Installation Setup & try to install. It may get corrupted while downloading.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Have you resolved the issue?

May I know any update?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Czh00
Beginner

Hello vicky,

First of all, thank you for your serious answer.

I tried the method you said and other methods online, but it didn't work.

Then, I installed it on another computer with the same operating system as WIN10 1809, and the same problem occurred.

Finally, I tried to install on a computer with the operating system WIN10 1703, and the installation was successful.

Therefore, I suspect it is related to the version of Windows system. However, I don't know why.

These are some of the results of my attempts to solve the problem.

Regards,

Czh00

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt update. I believe that you have seriously gone through the my previous post.

Please check the links below that might help to resolve your issue,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/software/faq/installation-faq.html#_Toc361418221

please refer below link & try to implement for your scenario.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd09092010_65.html

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

May I know any update?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Czh00
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your concern.

An hour ago, I successfully installed Quartus and found the cause of the failure.

When I copied the installation package, the antivirus software caused the installation package to be damaged.

This makes the MD5 of the software installation package inconsistent with the official website.

Finally, I downloaded the installation package again. After verifying MD5, I successfully installed Quartus.

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions.

Regards,

Czh00

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

If still issue persists, download new fresh Quartus Installation Setup & try to install. It may get corrupted while downloading.

Thanks for the prompt update. I believe that you have seriously gone through the my previous post. --- ------ Thank God!!. Your an issue has been resolved & glad to know that our suggestion helped you to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos