Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Installation of Questa Intel Starter Edition couldn't load ScintillaTk114.dll

LastHorizon
Beginner

Hi there, 

I have installed Questa Sim Intel Starter Edition but everytime I try and load a text file to edit or bring up the preferences etc. etc. I get the following error 

# couldn't load library "C:/intelFPGA_pro/21.3/questa_fse/win64/ScintillaTk/ScintillaTk114.dll": invalid argument

Anyone got any ideas? 

Thanks 
Alex 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SyafieqS

HI Alex,

Could you reinstall the Questa and see if this issue resolved? And also see if below link discussion could be helpful

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/219733/modelsim-error-could-not-find-interpreter-scintillatk

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

May I know if there is any update?

0 Kudos
Isaac435
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I'm currently facing a similar problem, whenever I try to edit the file, I will get the following error code in the transcript:

Isaac435_1-1655444044731.png

I have already tried reinstalling it multiple times but it still does not work.

My version is 2022.1 starter edition on Windows 11.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

0 Kudos
ptdamore
Beginner

I ran into this recently and after some tracing found that what was missing was MSVCP120.dll.  This DLL is provided by the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Runtime.  I found that on my machine the x86 flavor was installed, but the x64 flavor was not.  I got it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 and installed it and the issue went away.

hklvette
Beginner

Thanks for this tip ptdamore!  I had the same issue as Isaac435 and this cleaned it up for me.

0 Kudos