Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

MAX 10 Development Kit EtherCAT and ADC

MiguelGarnelo
Beginner

Hi!

I am interested on the MAX 10 FPGA products, specifically on the MAX 10 FPGA Development Kit and MAX 10 FPGA Evaluation Kit.

Regarding the Development Kit one, can the Ethernet ports be used for EtherCAT communication (of course getting the corresponding IP core from Beckhoff)?

Regarding the two kits, for analog-to-digital conversion (ADC), is it necessary to buy/get an ADC IP core, or does it come built-in when buying the kits?

Regarding the software, can be Quartus Pro used for both kits? And, can code be reused from one board to another (of course assigning the right pins)?

I hope you can solve my questions. Thank you!
Best regards,

Miguel Garnelo

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. May we know, is this the board that you’re referring to?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/max-10-fpga-development-kit.html

0 Kudos
MiguelGarnelo
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, that's the board I am interested in using.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for update. Based on my understanding, you need to buy the IP core. Kindly contact your nearest Intel salesperson or distributor.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

And yes. The Ethernet ports be used for EtherCAT communication.

MAX 10 FPGA is not available in Quartus Pro. Refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/po/ss-quartus-comparison.pdf  For software, it is advice to use Quartus version 15 and above.

Regarding “can code be reused” Could you elaborate more what do you means?

0 Kudos
MiguelGarnelo
Beginner

Hi

Thanks again for your reply! Regarding the IP core you mention to buy is the one for ADC or the one from Beckhoff to use EtherCAT over an FPGA?

Regarding reusing the code, I was meaning using the code developed with the MAX 10 development board discussed in this thread in a self-designed board including a MAX 10 FPGA.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

The IP is regarding on ADC and based on my understanding, yes you can reuse the code developed with the MAX 10. 

0 Kudos
mistersinha
Beginner

Nice answer

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update, hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
MiguelGarnelo
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it has been really helpful!

Just as the last thing, could you provide a link or guide on how to acquire the ADC IP core? I have searched online but have not found anything

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Miguel

0 Kudos