Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Missed to generate ModelSim FEATURE in my license file

CasperChen
Novice

Hi, 

Recently, my license file was expired.  So, I went to re-generate  my license file again.  However, I found it generate the empty ModelSim FEATURE as follows in my license file:

# FEATURE START
# The following is a license file for the ModelSim
# FEATURE END

Then, I got failed to run ModelSim with the below Fatal License Error: 

CasperChen_0-1653979732554.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CasperChen
Novice

Hi,

Right now, I can run ModelSim with the above new license file LR-083849. 

I found that ModelSim needs the license file name used with MGLS_LICENSE_FILE/LM_LICENSE_FILE is as same as that used in "Quartus --> Tools --> license setup...".   

Basically, the new license file generated with all features can fix the root cause. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. Could you provide the license.dat file (old and new) for checking? Thanks

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
CasperChen
Novice

Hi,

Thanks. 

My license file is attached.  (NOTE:  My MAC string is masked by ZZZ... )

0 Kudos
CasperChen
Novice

Sorry, I forgot to attach my old license file.  Please check it by the attached file. 

0 Kudos
CasperChen
Novice

Hi,

Today, I tried to re-generate my license file.  The new license file was generated with all features compared to my old license file.  BUT, it still got failed to run ModelSim with the below Fatal License Error: 

CasperChen_0-1654159324860.png

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. Could you provide the new license.dat for checking?

BTW, I have file ticket to IT team regarding this error and awaiting for feedback 

0 Kudos
CasperChen
Novice

Thanks.   The attachment is my new license file re-generated on today, and I still got failed to run ModelSim as below:

CasperChen_0-1654332243861.png

0 Kudos
CasperChen
Novice

Hi,

Right now, I can run ModelSim with the above new license file LR-083849. 

I found that ModelSim needs the license file name used with MGLS_LICENSE_FILE/LM_LICENSE_FILE is as same as that used in "Quartus --> Tools --> license setup...".   

Basically, the new license file generated with all features can fix the root cause. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update, hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos