Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Modelsim Licensing on Ubuntu 18.04

NPani2
Beginner

I have an Academic License for Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition and Modelsim Intel edition. The license is not a floating license, but rather a single PC license.

I am able to run Quartus, compile the design and program the design to the FPGA,

However the Pro Version of Modelsim does not launch. I have installed the 32 bit libraries and made appropriate changes to the vsim script in the bin directory, but when I try to execute the script after changes I get this error

"Unable to find the license file. It appears that your license file environment variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE) is not set correctly.

Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.

** Fatal: Invalid license environment. Application closing."

Anybody knows how to fix this licensing issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. May I know Quartus version you use?

NPani2
Beginner

It is Quartys Prime Standard edition 18.1 . The license file generated is the .dat file fixed to a single computer. I am using the Terasic DE5 Net FPGA board. I am able to synthesize and program the design, but not able to run Modelsim due to the following issues.

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Could you help check and upgrade the client PC to newest version of alterad and Modelsim daemon v11.16.1 & 11.13.1.2 and try it.

The daemons can be downloaded from the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/licensing/da...