Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Modelsim starter edition whith Quartus Prime lite

laurent53240
Novice

Hello

I use Quartus lite 20.1, and Modelsim on Ubuntu LTS 20.04

When I run the simulation from Quartus I have this error:

Nativelink TCL script failed with errorInfo: Can't launch ModelSim-Altera Simulation software -- make sure the software is properly installed and the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE or MGLS_LICENSE_FILE points to the correct license file.

I think that the problem is locate in the  vsim file, when I try to run vsim in a terminal I have this error; "file not found".

I try to re-install modelsim always the problem.

Some one has a solution ?

Tanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Can you go to ModelSim and provide a screenshot of Help->About

So I can see which version of ModelSim you are using.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos
laurent53240
Novice

Hi

Sorry I find the solution: it's necessary to install the linux 32 bit library, after all is ok

the solution is at:

https://vhdlwhiz.com/modelsim-quartus-prime-lite-ubuntu-20-04/

regards

Laurent

Nurina
Employee

Hi Laurent,

That's great! Glad your problem is solved and thank you for sharing the solution here.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos