Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

Need a copy of Quartus II 10.0 sp1

JFrailey
Beginner

Posting this here seems asinine, but that's what Intel Support, on the phone, told me to do.  They stated an Intel FAE would pick it up...

We have to invoke a very old, DO-254 project to make minor changes.  It was last built with 10.0sp1.  Moving this to a newer version could introduce quite a bit of risk, so we would at least like to build it on the original version first.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Hi Jay,

Can you check your email? We will need to get some of your company information before we can proceed.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Kenny Tan

0 Kudos
JFrailey
Beginner

My email is jay.frailey@flightdata.aero.  It is a strange email, but it works.  The company is Flight Data Systems, with HQ at 8080 Tristar Dr, Suite 100, Irving, TX 75063 and phone number of (941) 756-9394.

From the design files I’ve looked at so far, FDS has been able to use the web edition of Quartus 10.0sp1.

--J

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Sorry for the late reply, I am actually looking at which country your company are. Can you help to provide?

0 Kudos
JFrailey
Beginner

I have a workaround.  Luckily, simply copying an already installed 10.0sp1 to different computer is enough so long as one ensures to launch it from the bin or bin64 from the copied directory.  

As for FDS, it started in Australia, but was acquired by ACR group in 2018.  They just recently started moving some FDS R&D and manufacturing to the US, so I cannot say what your records may show for license purchases and accounting.  

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Good to know that you have the workaround, if you still need the old version of Quartus II.

Let me know and I will arrange again for you.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos
JFrailey
Beginner

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to save the next company employee the hassle of having to launch from the binary directory.  I can post it internally so it wouldn't need to hold people up for days or weeks.  Once I get our new code tested, I can switch to a newer version and revalidate to a newer Quartus version to get us up to recent versions.  Given DO-254 standards are involved, however, we have to take baby steps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos