Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Nios II IP core rehost

Dan_007
Beginner

Hi,

We have purchase a Nios 2 ip core from altera many years ago. (Permanent licence tied to a NIC number). I need to rehost it on another computer.

I still have the email and password for the altera account where there was a tool to rehost the licence. But for some reason, that email is no more recognise on the intel website. I contact intel support and they told me that this email have been deactivated because of inactivity for several months....

They ask me to contact you on that forum for help to retreive that licence.

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
wwanalim_intel
Employee

Hi,

Greetings and welcome to Intel's forum.

Please give me some time to check on this issue and will get back to you with the update.

Thank you.

Regards,

Fathulnaim

0 Kudos
wwanalim_intel
Employee

Hi,

For more details about licensing you can get it from our Licensing Support Center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/licensing/support-center.html

For you to rehost to another computer you can click on the self service licensing center link

https://licensing.intel.com/psg/s/?language=en_US

Thank you.

Regards,

Fathulnaim

0 Kudos
Dan_007
Beginner

Hi,

I do not see my licence in the self service licensing center. 

How can I retreive my Altera account which is tied to the license I'm looking for? Or to migrate my licence to my new account at intel?

The license I'm looking for is:     Nios II Soft Processor MegaCore, 1 Seat(s)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
wwanalim_intel
Employee

Hi,

Give me some time to check on that.

0 Kudos
wwanalim_intel
Employee

Hi,

We will need these few details as below.

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

Will contact you through email and you can reply the email with those details.

0 Kudos
wwanalim_intel
Employee

Thank you for providing the details on email. Is the current email the one that registered when bought the IP? I sent your email for the checking.

0 Kudos
wwanalim_intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the reply on email. I am contacting the license team and we working on it.

0 Kudos
wwanalim_intel
Employee

Hi,

Still working on this and will update on the email.

0 Kudos
wwanalim_intel
Employee

Hi,

The transfer process has been successfully completed, and you should now be able to access the license. Kindly verify at your earliest convenience.

0 Kudos
wwanalim_intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos