Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Quartus 19.4 in both linux and windows, fail to open ALTMEMPHY wizard.

BHerr6
Novice

I've been trying to use the ALTMEMPHY wizard, but it fails to open. I tried on Arch Linux and on Windows 10. Both versions fail to open the ALTMEMPHY wizard, but they show different behavior.

In Arch Linux, Quartus fails to find the path of the wizard. In Windows 10, Quartus won't even show any error, it just doesn't open any wizard, just shows a message "Loading MegaWizard", and never opens nothing.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

The IP is only supported for certain devices thus not supported for all the devices in Quartus Pro 19.4. Also, the ALTMEMPHY-based memory controllers were removed from the IP Base Suite and Embedded Suite (EMIF) beginning with the v14.1 release.

Reference: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_ddr3_sdram.pdf#page=3

You can refer to this page for further information on External Memory Interfaces IP information for Intel Agilex, Stratix 10, Arria 10, and Cyclone 10 devices.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/support-centers/external-memory-interfaces-support.html

Or you can refer to "Memory Interface and Controllers" in the IP catalog for the currently supported IP.

p.s. Don’t forget to Reply, and Select the Best Solution. :)

BHerr6
Novice

So, what should I use to drive DDR2 memory from an EP4CE115F23 FPGA? I can't use UniPHY, its not supported.

0 Kudos
BHerr6
Novice

I solved the issue, I just had to install Quartus 14.0 and merged the IP folders.

I installed the Quartus 14.0 in

~/intelFPGA_lite/14.0

After the Quartus 14.0 installation was done, I merged the IP folders

rsync -a ~/intelFPGA_lite/14.0/ip ~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/ip   rsync -a ~/intelFPGA_lite/14.0/quartus/common/ip/altera/ ~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/common/ip/altera/

Then I opened Quartus 19.1, and now ALTMEMPHY IP was installed.

0 Kudos