Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Quartus - Users getting license Notification with new license applied

RayVisperas
Beginner

We've gotten our renewal license and I've downloaded the the file to apply on FlexLM. I've made sure to apply the necessary parameters on the license file. When our users launch the Quartus software they get a licensing notification pop up:

Quartus - License Notification.JPG

Please assist. Our users need to do compilations

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could help to request/regenerate again a new license file in self-service licensing center https://licensing.intel.com/ 

Before that, you need to clear out your web browsers cache/temporary internet files (if possible, shutdown your PC and restart back) and regenerate back new license using Google chrome and try out see how things go.

0 Kudos
RayVisperas
Beginner

Hi I just tried that and the users are getting the following notification: 

RayVisperas_0-1646166424756.png

Our users need to use the software. How am I able to escalate this with support? 

Please let me know

Thanks

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

To further understand the issue, could you get me the:

3) Screenshot of Quartus II>>tools>>license setup

4) Machine OS information

5) Quartus version used

7) License.dat file

for further checking.

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

computer name:

For privacy, you can also reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
RayVisperas
Beginner

Information including license file have been attached. Note that I had to change the extension of the license file since I cannot attach a .dat file.

Our users need to use the software ASAP. Are we able to escalate this issue other than waiting for a response once a day? Is there a support number I can call or is there a chat support that I can use to communicate with a technician now?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Apologize for the inconvenience happen. FYI, we are working remotely from Penang, Malaysia and generally do not provide official phone call support in forum private message. Kindly find the contact for your local distributor/technical from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

0 Kudos
RayVisperas
Beginner

Were you able to look through the information that you had requested? 

With the given information are you able provide a solution to the licensing issue that our users are getting?

I reached out to 3 of the distributors you had given within the link and they cannot provide support since we did not purchase it from them nor do we have an account.

We really need to get the Quartus software running for our users to meet deadlines.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Noted. Upon checking, license.dat file is ok. I’m suspected error in setting up the license. could you provide details for checking

1) Debug/error.log file

2) Output of “lmutil lmstat –a –c <port>@<address>” server and client

0 Kudos
RayVisperas
Beginner

Attached are the debug and diagnostics log along with the output of the "lmutil" command.

I did notice on the diagnostics log that there are errors:

FlexNet Licensing error:-5,147

FlexNet Licensing error:-12,51025

FlexNet Licensing error:-125,147

Are you able to go over the diagnostics log and see what is causing the error? 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for update. Could you help to upgrade the license daemon software to the newer version and try it.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/709649/license-daemon.html

Please stop and restart the server after upgrade. Shutdown/kill all the license service and restart server and client back from ground zero to see if it works?

You need to allow the firewall access to the port number from both server and client machine.

2) Make sure the port used by license server or vendor daemon is not blocked.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos