Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Quartus minimalistic build tools for VHDPlus IDE

HendrikM
Beginner

Greetings FPGA Community,

I am a co-founder of Protop Solutions UG. Since 2019 we work on a Software to make FPGA Programming more beginner friendly called VHDPlus IDE (more information on vhdplus.com).
Since our software only supports Intel FPGAs and therefore relies on Quartus Build Tools, we need every user to install the full Quartus Prime Lite software on their computers. 

Sadly, installing Quartus takes ages for some reason and does not quite fit the simple and fast way of starting with FPGAs we want to offer with VHDPlus IDE. 

My question is: Would it be possible to provide minimalistic build tools containing just enough files to allow synthesizing designs and programming? (quartus_pgm,  quartus_sh, ...)

In my opinion, Intels FPGA community can profit from a simple and more modern approach to develop and we are happy to collaborate with that. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Hendrik,

Can you navigate to below link related to Intel DSN. This is partnering up with Intel to enhance FPGA ecosystem

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/solutions/partners.html

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hendrik,

May I know if there is any update on this?

0 Kudos