Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Questa Intel FPGA starter edition (fail to launch the software)

Siqi
Beginner

With the license I have confirmed the Variable name(LM_LICENSE_FILE) and the Variable value(complete with the file name) and the path in quartus prime.I run lmutil lmdiag but there's only one line showing my license path.But I can't restart and launch the program and I'm anxious to find out why.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
leonardo_forum
New Contributor I

Same issue, the generated license is not working. I opened a ticket for support by Intel, maybe you should do the same.

HSpen
Novice

same here

0 Kudos
david_joslin
Beginner

I'm also having this issue. Looking at the license file itself in a text editor, the file doesn't look populated with the relevant information for launching the QuestaSim simulator.

0 Kudos
david_joslin
Beginner

Hi there,

It seems other people are having the same issue. I found this a comment on a similar post that might fix your issue:

intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/Questa-Starter-Edition-Bad-License-File-Generated/m-p/1377115#M3777

Basically, log back onto the self-service license website and re-generate the license file until you get a license file with more than just comments (it will look different from what was originally generated).

0 Kudos
david_joslin
Beginner

Sorry for the broken link above. Here's the correct link:

community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/Questa-Starter-Edition-Bad-License-File-Generated/m-p/1377115#M3777

0 Kudos
leonardo_forum
New Contributor I

I tried 7 times and all generated licenses were bad. Hope they can send me a Stratix dev kit with the license.

0 Kudos