Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
941 Discussions

Questa Intel FPGA starter edition (fail to launch the software)

Siqi
Beginner

With the license I have confirmed the Variable name(LM_LICENSE_FILE) and the Variable value(complete with the file name) and the path in quartus prime.I run lmutil lmdiag but there's only one line showing my license path.But I can't restart and launch the program and I'm anxious to find out why.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
leonardo_forum
New Contributor I

Same issue, the generated license is not working. I opened a ticket for support by Intel, maybe you should do the same.

HSpen
Novice

same here

david_joslin
Beginner

I'm also having this issue. Looking at the license file itself in a text editor, the file doesn't look populated with the relevant information for launching the QuestaSim simulator.

david_joslin
Beginner

Hi there,

It seems other people are having the same issue. I found this a comment on a similar post that might fix your issue:

intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/Questa-Starter-Edition-Bad-License-File-Generated/m-p/1377115#M3777

Basically, log back onto the self-service license website and re-generate the license file until you get a license file with more than just comments (it will look different from what was originally generated).

david_joslin
Beginner

Sorry for the broken link above. Here's the correct link:

community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/Questa-Starter-Edition-Bad-License-File-Generated/m-p/1377115#M3777

leonardo_forum
New Contributor I

I tried 7 times and all generated licenses were bad. Hope they can send me a Stratix dev kit with the license.