Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Questa not accepting the license file.

nueeardente
Beginner

Hello,

I just installed Intel FPGA Lite 21.1 and for Questa I followed the instructions to create and install the license file (how-to-set-intel-license-file-environment-variable ).

Questa is unable to start and shows the following error message:

"Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variable (e.g. LM_LICENSE_FILE) is set correctly and then run "lmutil lmdiag" to diagnose the problem.

You can see the error chown and the result of running "lmutil lmdiag".

Questa_Issue.pdf (dropbox.com)

My system is as follows:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nueeardente
Beginner

Hello Wani,

Thank you for your support.

I installed the Questa and Quartus in a different PC and it worked fine, so I think there is a configuration issue with the original computer (some other software interfering, etc). 

Since I got it working in a different PC, I will close the issue here.

I appreciate your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Dear nueeardente,

Thank you for using Intel FPGA Community forum.

For first workaround, can you check if you are using the newer daemon version 11.16.4.0? If not, you may want to upgrade to the newer version.

After updating the daemon version, please perform the server shutdown/kill all the license service and restart the server from the ground zero.

Can you have a try and do let me know if you face the same issue again.

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos
nueeardente
Beginner

Hello Wani,

Thank you for your support.

I installed the Questa and Quartus in a different PC and it worked fine, so I think there is a configuration issue with the original computer (some other software interfering, etc). 

Since I got it working in a different PC, I will close the issue here.

I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Bmack
Beginner

I just downloaded Quartus lite 21.3 . I have Questa sim with my download. While downloading Questa sim , that comes with the Quartus 21.3 package, it says Questa sim has a zero cost license associated with it. I'm trying to access this license. I have Registered with "Intel® PSG Self Servicing License Center (SSLC)" yet when I go to this page after Registering ,I'm redirected to another site with in your company but not a place where I can get my zero cost license file for Questa sim. How can I gain access to my Zero Cost license for this project?

0 Kudos