Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

USB BLASTER II Driver Windows 10

Gigiz
Beginner

Hello,

I used QUARTUS PRIME 20.1 PROGRAMMER for 5-6 months, now after Windows 10 update the USB BLASTER II drivers doesn't works.

Is there a driver update to solve the problem or somethings else ?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Gigi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ash_R_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

There is a patch available. Please follow the KDB article below:

Why does the Intel® FPGA Download Cables drivers installation fail on Windows* operating system?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Gigiz
Beginner

Ok thanks, it's running.

Best Regards,

Gigi

0 Kudos
tpalomaki
Novice

so you did not bother updating the lite 20.1.1? the standard fix with much pain will work

0 Kudos
bobcladic
Employee

Yes! I have the same question. the Quartus lite version cannot use these two patches.

0 Kudos
sidd
Novice

Check following link for lite version

Why does the Intel® FPGA Download Cable II driver installation...

just have to replace two files from updated drivers provided at link above.

It works

0 Kudos
sidd
Novice

Check following link for lite version

Why does the Intel® FPGA Download Cable II driver installation...

just have to replace two files from updated drivers provided at link above.

It works

0 Kudos
MTwist
Beginner

I am unable to find the directory that the stdp patch wants with a Quartus Lite installation.

I see that others have the same problem. What is the solution for that? Tough noogies?

0 Kudos
MTwist
Beginner

Well, here is what I've managed to figure out.  It probably is tough noogies on Quartus Prime Lite.  The workaround is this:  (I'm on Win 10 Pro)

Download the Quartus Prime Pro standalone programmer and tools, V21.2.  This is a free utility that will install a proper signed driver.  After installing the programmer, launch the Driver Installer on the last page of the wizard.  After that is installed (But wait, there's more!), close the Pro programmer app.  Plug in the USB-Blaster II cable.  Go to the Windows device manager (right-click on start button), look for "other hardware".  There are two devices, the console interface and the JTAG interface, Both labeled Blaster-II.  Right click on each and "update driver".  Select "Browse for Driver..." Navigate to C:\intelFPGA_pro\21.2\qprogrammer\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster-ii and let 'er rip.  Two devices, two updates.  Voila.  Nevermind the patches.  Return to Quartus Prime Lite and launch the programmer tool.  Select "Hardware Setup" and you should find the USB-Blaster II device on the hardware selection pulldown.  You're all set.

0 Kudos