Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variables are set correctly an

TRoa
New Contributor I

Whenever I launch my Questa, I get this:

TRoa_0-1675615999383.png

The Questa I have :

TRoa_1-1675616025915.png

The environmental variable that I set:

TRoa_2-1675616078807.png

Then running the lmutil lmdiag command :

TRoa_3-1675616155828.png

I don't know how to make it run. It ends up giving me the error. Its not finding the license file not matter what. 

Somebody help me, please.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
TRoa
New Contributor I

@Zawani_M_Intel

@AR_A_Intel  help me please. 

0 Kudos
rols
Novice

have you looked at the license file to see if it's actually got a license in it? There are several of us in this thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/Has-anyone-succeeded-running-Questa-Starter-with-license-file/td-p/1329811/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExEUVBZMlJGTVk1NkhHfDE0NTM0NDN8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw

who found the license files from the self-service license center have no actual license lines, just comments. 

0 Kudos
TRoa
New Contributor I

@rols 

This is correct. I just checked the license files, and they are just comments, no licenses. 

What to do now?

0 Kudos
rols
Novice

well how about put a comment in that other thread. I was hoping if we get enough people posting in there with the same issue that someone from Intel will look and go fix the license portal. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Please provide your Questa license.dat file for further checking.

0 Kudos
TRoa
New Contributor I

@AR_A_Intel Please find one of the licenses that I generated.

# Intel Corporation Software and/or Intellectual Property License File
# Issued 06 February 2023
# Upgrade to these products will no longer be available after the Maintenance Expiration
# date unless licenses are renewed.
# Fixed Node License
# Primary Machine Name-tah__sen____
# Primary Machine ID-NIC ID 80E___65B37
# Companion ID-N/A
# Companion ID 2-N/A
# Product License Summary:
# Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition, 1 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2024.02
# - License Expires 06-Feb-2024
################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# This is license file for Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition
# Number of seat licenses is 1
# License Expires 06-Feb-2024
# FEATURE END
################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# FEATURE END
# FEATURE START
# FEATURE END
# End of Intel Corporation Software and/or Intellectual Property License File. Issued 02/06/2023

0 Kudos
rols
Novice

There's quite a few posted in the other thread where people were asking questions. But here's mine again.  (note I had to change the extension to .txt to get it to attach here). And thanks for looking in, there's a lot of people failing to get questa licensed.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for update. Please give me some time to further check with our IT team regarding your issue. I’ll be back with an update.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Good day

Thank you for your patience. Apologize for the inconvenience happen, there are some technical issues due to upgrading proses. Now the license generator issue has been resolved. Login to https://licensing.intel.com/ to get your new license file and let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
TRoa
New Contributor I

Ladies and gentlemen, 

License successfully created.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update, hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos