Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Unable to checkout license error

hotoppa
Beginner

Hi. I have requested and downloaded the license needed to run simulations on questa however, when I try to run simulations I receive this error below. When I run it in my command prompt, it shows that the license file is found. I have edited my environment variables to also have the license and match. I also set up my Quartus with the license file, using questa as the simulation tool, and making sure my EDA is set to the questa win64 folder. I am not sure what to do at this point. 

The license is a fixed license and is for sure set up correct for my current laptop. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Good day

Apologize for the inconvenience happen, there are some technical issues due to upgrading proses. Now the license generator issue has been resolved. Login to https://licensing.intel.com/ to get your new license file and let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Please provide your Questa license.dat file for furthers checking.

0 Kudos
hotoppa
Beginner

hotoppa_0-1675733238763.pnghotoppa_1-1675733272023.png

Hi. the forum will not let me upload the actual file for the license.dat but here is a screenshot of the license, and the environment variable. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for update. We need your Quaets License.dat file to better understand the issue.

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
hotoppa
Beginner
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Got it and done reply. TQ

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Good day

Apologize for the inconvenience happen, there are some technical issues due to upgrading proses. Now the license generator issue has been resolved. Login to https://licensing.intel.com/ to get your new license file and let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hope all well. We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
hotoppa
Beginner

Hi apologies for not replying. The previous answer that was provided did help. The license works, and I am now able to access questa. Thank you. 

0 Kudos