Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1204 Discussions

Want Quartus 2 software for Altera Stratix 3 FPGA development kit (EP3SL150).

Pallav_Purbia
Beginner

I recently received the Altera Stratix 3 FPGA development kit (EP3SL150) from my professor but faced issues getting the Quartus software. Here are some of the problems I encountered:

• The guide specifies that I can download the Quartus II Web Edition software from the Altera website, but the available version (v13) does not list Stratix 3 as a supported device.

• There was no CD-ROM included in the box.

• The Quartus II Subscription Edition does list Stratix 3, but when I downloaded it, it asked for a license, which I don’t have.

I'm new to FPGA and am confused about what to do next. Can someone provide a link to an archived version of the old Web Edition that supported Stratix 3 and didn't require a license? Alternatively, how can I obtain a license? I don't have a license registration number, and I don't think my professor has one either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies