Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

What is a problem with my installation AOCL-pro-18.1.0.222-linux? I have attached the screenshot below.

GTese
New Contributor I

/home/guta/Desktop/Screenshot from 2020-02-17 14-11-27.png

/home/guta/Desktop/Screenshot from 2020-02-17 14-21-22.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am not not able to open the screenshot. Could you try to reattached the screenshot?

Also, could you provide the information as below:

1. Reconfirm OpenCL SDK version is OpenCL SDK v18.1 for Linux?
  2. OS version

Thanks

0 Kudos
GTese
New Contributor I

Thanks!

I use Linux (Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS). after installation when I try to diagnose it reply that diagnostic_failed and when I try to install an aocl, but the following information is display.

Do you want to install /home/guta/intelFPGA_pro/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref? [y/n] y

aocl install: Adding the board package /home/guta/intelFPGA_pro/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref to the list of installed pckages

Unable to create directory /opt/Intel/OpenCL

Screenshot from 2020-02-18 11-29-07.pngScreenshot from 2020-02-18 11-28-29.png

I'm beginner to use Intel OpenCL SDK for FPGA so please give more info?

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The environment variable is look fine in the setup.

According to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/archives/aocl_getting_started-18-1.pdf in page 30, do you have install sudo/ root in order to install the board?

May I know the "aocl install" failed? Iff yes, could you send me the output (logfile) when you ran "aocl install"?

Thanks

0 Kudos