Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
806 Discussions

What is a problem with my installation AOCL-pro-18.1.0.222-linux? I have attached the screenshot below.

GTese
New Contributor I

/home/guta/Desktop/Screenshot from 2020-02-17 14-11-27.png

/home/guta/Desktop/Screenshot from 2020-02-17 14-21-22.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am not not able to open the screenshot. Could you try to reattached the screenshot?

Also, could you provide the information as below:

1. Reconfirm OpenCL SDK version is OpenCL SDK v18.1 for Linux?
  2. OS version

Thanks

GTese
New Contributor I

Thanks!

I use Linux (Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS). after installation when I try to diagnose it reply that diagnostic_failed and when I try to install an aocl, but the following information is display.

Do you want to install /home/guta/intelFPGA_pro/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref? [y/n] y

aocl install: Adding the board package /home/guta/intelFPGA_pro/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref to the list of installed pckages

Unable to create directory /opt/Intel/OpenCL

Screenshot from 2020-02-18 11-29-07.pngScreenshot from 2020-02-18 11-28-29.png

I'm beginner to use Intel OpenCL SDK for FPGA so please give more info?

MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The environment variable is look fine in the setup.

According to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/archives/aocl... in page 30, do you have install sudo/ root in order to install the board?

May I know the "aocl install" failed? Iff yes, could you send me the output (logfile) when you ran "aocl install"?

Thanks