Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

DE1 + D5M Camera + QSYS

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi again. I've been trying to get the D5M working with my DE1 with QSYS but so far the output is only random pixels. The verilog example provided by Terasic works fine, however I want to implement the video system using QSYS. I am using the D5M_VIDEO_IN example provided by Altera for the DE2 and followed it as closely as possible. The only difference is the VGA_CLK, which isn't present on the DE1. As such I'm providing a 27MHz clock to the VGA and the camera. The portion from the pixel buffer to the display is working fine since I can display an image on the VGA. I've attached a picture of my QSYS with the video system portion marked. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9044
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi  

I am also trying to setup how to setup TV display with DE1 Board and Looking for a way to set simulation environment with free altera-modelsim simulator. 

Did you have a setup? or is it possible 

Thanks 

Vraifluss
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi  

I am also trying to setup how to setup TV display with DE1 Board and Looking for a way to set simulation environment with free altera-modelsim simulator. 

Did you have a setup? or is it possible 

Thanks 

Vraifluss 

--- Quote End ---  

Sorry I'm not really using the simulator so can't help you with that.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well I managed to solve my problem. It was a problem in the top level entity again. I forgot to set the value of the pixel_clk_reset for the video in decoder as low, since I'm not using it. I also added a PLL in order to give a 25MHz clock to both the camera and the VGA, though I don't think this is a necessity. The solution/source files are in this thread: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45407&p=187771&posted=1#post187771 

The next step is to fix the exposure, frame rate and resolution since the result of the camera is poor for now. It should be easy to fix it from QSYS though.  

I'm starting to think the UP subforum has been abandoned by people that can help haha. 

Ammar
0 Kudos