Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1080 Discussions

DE2 Cyclone II fails 1kHz tone test after driver install/ "Fail to query board name"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the DE2 University Program Development boards for my class (new!). I am running 32 bit Windows 7, Quartus 11.1. I have installed the board driver from the quartus directory per instructions. The board powers up correctly, but the 1 KHz tone on switch 17 does not work when I do this functional test. 

Furthermore, when I run the control panel (DE2_ControlPanel_V2.0.1), I will get the message "Failed to query board name" 

Someone posted a solution for Quartus 7.0 so that didn't apply to me, and I didn't understand what they said. I am VERY new to this, so please give me a detailed solution if you have it. Presently I and my students are very frustrated. :( Is there a driver problem?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The 1 kHz tone works. 

Still get "Failed to query board name" 

Help!!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I haven't tried the sound test but am in the same exact boat (Windows 7, Quartus 11.1, installed driver per instructions, throwing same error on Control Panel).