I have a valid license for Quartus 18.1 and DSP Builder. The license file is pointed to with the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. Quartus works with this license file and it displays DSP Builder in the list of licenses held and an expiration date (July 2022). However when I run a DSP Builder model in Simulink with 'Generate Hardware' checked, I get the error message in the Subject of this note. Any help in determining the cause of this error will be appreciated.
As I understand it, you are observing some license problem when trying to generate netlist with DSP Builder. To ensure we are on the same page, just to check with you on the following:
1. What is the device that you are using?
2. Are you using Pro or Standard Edition?
3. What is the Matlab version that you are using?
4. Generally the Quartus license file is a .dat file. Just to check with you if you are setting the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to the .dat file or the directory? It is recommended to point to the .dat file directly.
5. During your DSP Builder installation, you would need to install the compatible Matlab version first then only installl the DSP Builder. Just to double check with you.
Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.
As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.