Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1099 Discussions

How used MAX10 LVDS Serdes CDR

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

This is Doosoo Ha, senior engineer of Opticis.  

I am designing a LVDS serdes system using two(2) of MAX 10 devices.  

I plan to build LVDS serdes system as transmitting data with only one LVDS signal line.  

The LVDS using in my system is "LVDS with embedded clock". In other words, a separate clock signal for LVDS deserialization is not transmitted. I set LVDS serialize as factor is ‘10’ and the data rate as ‘100Mbps’.  

I confirmed LVDS output is normal when inputting K28.5 data to LVDS serialize block. 

After that, I designed deserialize block to LVDS deserialize block but problem has occurred during its verification. 

What it saying as a problem is that the clock was asynchronized during deserialization because it was designed with "without clock signal". 

I would like to know if there is any way clock not being asynchronized when I use LVDS with embedded clock without transmitting a separate clock signal for LVDS deserialization. 

Please assist me how I can solve this problem.
0 Kudos
0 Replies