Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

Problem with Altera Monitor Program

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

We try to run a simple Assembler program ( the Quartus II tutorial ) but when trying to download the program into the DE2 board, we get the following error-msg.  

GDB ERROR: Error starting GDB debugger server. (java.lang.NullPointerException) 

Any ideas? 

/Andreas
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am having the same issue. I have quartus 10.0sp1 in win7 and using the Altera Monitor Program

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Quartus 10.1 /windows xp....  

i tried downloading the AMP but i could find only one link which says for Quartus 9.0 and 9.1 

Is there a separate version for 10.1 version ? 

Also when i tried installing the AMP which i downloaded, i got an error saying i have to install NIOS II IDE but i have installed the same already 

help..!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I solved my issue...it was connected back to my Quartus II design file....I had my pin assignments incorrect...once I fixed that, it loaded perfectly 

...as for any versioning issues...I've been told there's an environment variable that may need set, but I don't have any direct experience with this issue
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The AMP works well for me but loading a hex file is a problem since i coudnt sort a memory location and its address. How to proceed next?

0 Kudos