Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1082 Discussions

Problems with web-cam ISO traffic on DE2 board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My project is to connect USB webcam (device) to Altera DE2 Board(host), and get isochronous video stream. 

I’m using DE2_NIOS_HOST_MOUSE_VGA demonstration as my start-point reference 

Thus far I’ve managed to get device and configuration descriptors from the webcam, complete probe-and-commit procedure and choose one of iso interface endpoints. As I understand, at this point webcam should start sending ISO data. 

My problem is that I don’t get any iso data from the webcam after completing these stages. 

As I see it, there may be 2 problems: 

1. Phillips USB controller is not configured in the right way to receive ISO data. 

2. I miss some critical stage. 

So the questions are: 

1. Is Phillips USB controller has to be configured in a special way to receive ISO traffic (except ISTL buffer size definition)? 

2. Are the stages I’ve done enough to trigger the webcam to send ISO packets? Do I miss any stage that is critical to get ISO stream? 

3. How to define ISO starting frame in the PTD?  

Thank you in advance  

Sergey
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

plz i am trying to connect webcam to altera de2 board for getting image and processing it. can u guide me how to interface web cam to board.plz help me