Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Qsim node finder is not working

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to use the University Program's Qsim to simulate my designs for one of my classes. When I try listing the nodes using the node finder I get the following message: 

The Node Finder files cannot be opened. Possible solutions: 

1) Generate the Node Finder files in Qsim by using the command "Processing > Generate Node Finder Files" 

2) Ensure the .vwf file opened in the Waveform Editor is saved in either the <project name> folder or the <project name>/qsim folder 

I have looked into both of the possible solutions listed in the message, however I continue to get the same error. I am able to manually type in the node names and the simulation works fine but this is impractical for some designs. I realize there are better programs for simulation but for the class I am taking right now I am expected to use the University Program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Dan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am running into the same issue. Anyone has posted a solution yet?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So far I have not heard of a solution. I've tried reinstalling both quartus II and the university program but that does not solve the problem. 

The only think that I've found that actually works is copying the project to a different computer and running it.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried Qsim on different machines. Nothing worked. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had trouble running qsim on the wrong version of quartus. It only runs on version 10.1 or V 11.0. 

But fortunately I had V11.0 and V11.1 on another computer so I had to uninstall V11.1 first, then install qsim being careful that it gets installed in the V11.0 subdirectory. Everything runs fine on V11.0 now.
0 Kudos