Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1087 Discussions

Qsim node finder is not working

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to use the University Program's Qsim to simulate my designs for one of my classes. When I try listing the nodes using the node finder I get the following message: 

The Node Finder files cannot be opened. Possible solutions: 

1) Generate the Node Finder files in Qsim by using the command "Processing > Generate Node Finder Files" 

2) Ensure the .vwf file opened in the Waveform Editor is saved in either the <project name> folder or the <project name>/qsim folder 

I have looked into both of the possible solutions listed in the message, however I continue to get the same error. I am able to manually type in the node names and the simulation works fine but this is impractical for some designs. I realize there are better programs for simulation but for the class I am taking right now I am expected to use the University Program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Dan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am running into the same issue. Anyone has posted a solution yet?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So far I have not heard of a solution. I've tried reinstalling both quartus II and the university program but that does not solve the problem. 

The only think that I've found that actually works is copying the project to a different computer and running it.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried Qsim on different machines. Nothing worked. Thanks.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had trouble running qsim on the wrong version of quartus. It only runs on version 10.1 or V 11.0. 

But fortunately I had V11.0 and V11.1 on another computer so I had to uninstall V11.1 first, then install qsim being careful that it gets installed in the V11.0 subdirectory. Everything runs fine on V11.0 now.