Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises

SD Card Problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I'm very new to Altera and the FPGA stuff. After days of trying I got the DE2_WEB template running. 

Now I stick to the next problem. I want to get the SD-Card working. The problem is, that i really need the FAT16 filesystem. After searching through the forum and the Internet I found this file: f*p://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/University_Program_IP_Cores/90/altera_up_avalon_sd_card_interface.zip 

But how can I get this into the SOPC Builder and add it to my hardware?  

I also found this file: f*p://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/University_Program_IP_Cores/UP_IP_Library.exe 

When I installed this, some more components were available in the SOPC builder, however the SD-Card Interface wasn't, although it is listed in the Readme. 

So I would really appreciate it, if someone could me help me. 

Thanks in advance! 

duckhunter
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can somebody help me please? :) I really need this :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I finally could add the UP IP SD Card Interface to my project. 

But now i get the following error message: 

Error: Port "bidir_port_to_and_from_the_SD_CMD" does not exist in macrofunction "u0" 

Error: Port "bidir_port_to_and_from_the_SD_DAT" does not exist in macrofunction "u0" 

Error: Port "out_port_from_the_SD_CLK" does not exist in macrofunction "u0" 

I read the manual "SD_Card_Interface_for_SoPC_Builder.pdf" and there i found the table for the Pin Assignments for DE2. But how can I assign the Pins? 

b_SD_cmd --> PIN_Y21 

b_SD_dat --> PIN_AD24 

b_SD_dat3 --> PIN_AC23 

o_SD_clock --> PIN_AD25 

Where can I do this? 

Thanks for your help :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Okay I found the Pin Assignment Tool, the Pin Assignments seems to be fine. But i still get these error messages :(

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey duckhunter. 

Why you didn't try with the DE2_AUDIO example, and then implement a FAT filesystem like the Petit Chan FAT, take a look at http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_p.html 

Cheers. 

Alberto.
0 Kudos