Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

SD Card Problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I'm very new to Altera and the FPGA stuff. After days of trying I got the DE2_WEB template running. 

Now I stick to the next problem. I want to get the SD-Card working. The problem is, that i really need the FAT16 filesystem. After searching through the forum and the Internet I found this file: f*p://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/University_Program_IP_Cores/90/altera_up_avalon_sd_card_interface.zip 

But how can I get this into the SOPC Builder and add it to my hardware?  

I also found this file: f*p://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/University_Program_IP_Cores/UP_IP_Library.exe 

When I installed this, some more components were available in the SOPC builder, however the SD-Card Interface wasn't, although it is listed in the Readme. 

So I would really appreciate it, if someone could me help me. 

Thanks in advance! 

duckhunter
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can somebody help me please? :) I really need this :)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I finally could add the UP IP SD Card Interface to my project. 

But now i get the following error message: 

Error: Port "bidir_port_to_and_from_the_SD_CMD" does not exist in macrofunction "u0" 

Error: Port "bidir_port_to_and_from_the_SD_DAT" does not exist in macrofunction "u0" 

Error: Port "out_port_from_the_SD_CLK" does not exist in macrofunction "u0" 

I read the manual "SD_Card_Interface_for_SoPC_Builder.pdf" and there i found the table for the Pin Assignments for DE2. But how can I assign the Pins? 

b_SD_cmd --> PIN_Y21 

b_SD_dat --> PIN_AD24 

b_SD_dat3 --> PIN_AC23 

o_SD_clock --> PIN_AD25 

Where can I do this? 

Thanks for your help :)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Okay I found the Pin Assignment Tool, the Pin Assignments seems to be fine. But i still get these error messages :(

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey duckhunter. 

Why you didn't try with the DE2_AUDIO example, and then implement a FAT filesystem like the Petit Chan FAT, take a look at http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_p.html 

Cheers. 

Alberto.