Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1099 Discussions

Streaming from a camera or from a file on USB/SD card?

Tim10
Beginner

Hi,

I'm working on my project which involves live streaming from a camera or streaming from a file. Where do I start?

The development board is a DE2-115 with an Ethernet port to connect a FLIR A325sc IR camera. It also has a USB port and an SD card holder. And I'm using Intel/Altera Quartus Prime 18.1 Lite edition with Matlab and HDL Coder.

Are there any mega functions to stream from these devices without using an embedded NIOS-II? Or would it be better to use the NIOS and write some C code to perform streaming? Or are there Matlab functions available that are compatible with HDL Coder?

Options I’m looking at are add-ins for MATLAB which include:

• HDL Coder Support Package for Intel FPGA Boards
  • HDL Coder Support Package for Intel SoC Devices (for Cyclone V, but mine is Cyclone IV)

Does anyone have any experience with these?

I might have to manually write the comms protocols in Verilog/VHDL or C.

Cheers,

Tim.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Please check the following link for some useful examples created by Intel engineers: https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/?search=video&acds_version=any Please check, download and read how the example works and recreate your's. Regards.