Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1082 Discussions

error when adding and using my own library in modelSim?

TarikTec
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have the same problem as the question here but the solutions still not working for me

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/Modelsim-compiling-error-vcom-11-Could-not-find-... 

SO I have my modelsim files in Desktop/FPGA/Altera/filter

then I added my_lib.all as :use work.my_lib.all and my_lib is in work and also in folder filter but still same error.

I changed it to : use filter.my_lib.all and still says filter is unknown!

I feel like I do not know how to manage files in modelsim too, is there a tutorial on it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Can you upload a full message of the errors?

On ModelSim, go to Help->PDF Documentation -> User's Manual. You can refer to Chapter 3 Design Libraries.

Or you can go to Help->PDF Documentation -> Tutorial. You can refer to Chapter 5 Working with Multiple Libraries.

Regards,

Nurina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Can you upload a full message of the errors?

On ModelSim, go to Help->PDF Documentation -> User's Manual. You can refer to Chapter 3 Design Libraries.

Or you can go to Help->PDF Documentation -> Tutorial. You can refer to Chapter 5 Working with Multiple Libraries.

Regards,

Nurina

TarikTec
New Contributor I

Thank you, I have found the problem which was the name where I saved it.

Thank you for the two very important links, very important for beginner like me

Nurina
Employee

Hi, 

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.