Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1079 Discussions

problems working through Using tse on DE2-115 boards from May 2015

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

The tutorial "Using Triple-Speed Ethernet on DE2-115 Boards seems not up to date although it says that it is for Quartus II 15.0 and is dated May2015: 

- Page 13, section 3.2 point 2&3 - there is no ALTPLL but Avaon ALTPLL and Qsys does not ask for a filename to save the IP variation 

- Page 16 the summary tab does not exist, and more importantly there is no "Basic Functions > I/O" hence also no ALTDDIO_OUT - at least not on my Quartus II 15.0 web edition. 

Thank you in advance for responding.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

You might want to file a service request to Altera to get them update the tutorial.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Ok I just did post a service request.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

Just to close this, it was my mistake that I was looking in the IP Catalog of Qsys instead of Quartus II. And the document says: 

"Besides the subsystem built using Qsys, you need a Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) module to generate clocks with 

different frequencies to make the Triple-Speed Ethernet system work properly. The PLL will take a 50 MHz input 

clock, and output the desired clocks. To add the PLL block, perform the following:" 

Redirecting the reader (such as me :) ) back to Quartus would be useful in this document. Because both Qsys and Quartus have the IP Catalog window. 

I feel stupid.