Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Does not work do not update.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the info. it confirms what I thought.

I had a notification for that earlier today but based on previous experience I would only ever install a new VS update under extreme duress !!!  A full uninstall and reinstall is often the only solution . So much pain for so little potential gain for a Fortranner .....

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The roll back feature makes testing a breeze, just a bit worried it would roll back to 17.4 but it did 17.3.6

Blasted annoying.  But one has to laugh.  A bit like a Lancaster crew spotting the channel after a night raid on Hamburg.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The Lancaster came from me thinking about my great uncle who died in 1942 in a bomber crash in the RAAF, he would have just turned 100.  I think I was given his middle name.  

Now that was horrible statistics.  

0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

I too had a great uncle who died in a bomber crash in 1942 (but RAF not RAAF).

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

If you look at a family tree from about 1900 onwards and see the branches that just stop in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam,  you realize that hundreds of cousins were not born as a result of these deaths.  

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

17.3.6 works, 17.4 does not.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

At least MS put in that rollback feature in the latest VS.  That will be helpful in cases like this.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The rollback kept all the extensions except my red theme copied over from VS 2019 and amended for VS 2022.  No idea why it dropped that one, all the rest still there. 

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Please see Ron's post about VS2022 v17.4.x and the Intel compilers.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

At the bottom of Ron's post is the hast tag, #IAmIntel

Quite good actually.  The other one it made me think of was #IwasTwitter.

Is this a new hashtag or Ron's idea? 

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

It's a corporate hashtag we are advised to use on social media.  Not my invention.

Personally, and this is my opinion and does not express the views of Intel Corp, I will avoid Twitter until if and when we see a resolution of Musk vs Everyone at Twitter.  #BroughtToYouByMandatoryCorporateSocialMediaTraining

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Twitter is something I have always avoided.  

I now work for a small company with two people, including me, I follow the dictates of the other person. 

#BroughtToYouByMandatoryCorporateSocialMediaTraining === do not talk to anyone about anything and you cannot be accused of anything. 

Recent conversation:

Them -- you have not talked to me in years, why?

me -- interesting point.

Them -- are you going to tell me why

me -- you will only complain about anything I say so I say nothing,  translated from brain to mouth as No. 

me walk away.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Manual -- setting register 60 to 10 will give you 1333 cycles per second setting it to 20 will give you 1666 cycles per second

Me - setting to 20 in code, printout the result to make sure is correct- look at output, looks strange in terms of frequency results, measure for 24 hours on an Intel NUC.  Get 1499.5 Hz, exactly midpoint.  

I RTFM and I still missed.  

0 Kudos