Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28605 Discussions

Allocatable defered length strings not visible in VS2008 debugger

thomas_boehme
New Contributor II

I cannot see the values of allocatable, defered length strings in the VS2008 debugger when using IVF 11.1
All I get is "Substring arguments out of bounds"

Here is the sample code:

[plain] program StringLength implicit none ! Variables character(:),allocatable :: test test = 'abc' write(*,*) test end program StringLength [/plain]

I did specify /assume:realloc_lhs and the code works without problems. Is that a known problem and can we expect this to be fixed soon?

regards,
Thomas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I'll report this to the developers. When I get more information, I'll let you know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I'll report this to the developers. When I get more information, I'll let you know.
0 Kudos
thomas_boehme
New Contributor II

Hi Steve,

should I also report such issues to Premier Support or is it sufficient to report to theforum?

I hope that this will be fixed very soon, as not being able to see the string content during debugcurrently makes it veryinconvenient to use defered length strings.

regards,
Thomas
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Here only is fine - it's already being investigated. Issue ID is DPD200137717.
0 Kudos
thomas_boehme
New Contributor II
The problem still occurs with 11.1.046. Can we expect this to be fixed soon?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Not soon - we found that this needs some design work in the compiler. It will get fixed, but I can't predict when.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

It looks as if this was fixed in Composer XE 2011 Update 6.

0 Kudos