Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

Any Aspen users integrated with oneAPI yet????

DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

Have any Aspen Plus users tried using Aspen Plus with the oneAPI version of the Fortran compiler?

Aspen Tech don't yet support this, but I suspect it is just a matter of adding some extensions to the config and batch files.

If you have managed this integration, would you mind sharing the changes you have made to the config and batch files.

Since I'm setting up a new Aspen Plus installation, and no longer have access to the supported 2019 and earlier versions of Fortran, I can only use oneAPI.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

Just to close this in case someone else is looking in future

Even though the Aspen v12.0 install does not include the config file for the 2021 version of OneAPI Fortran, AspenTech provide an updated version of the config64.cfg file on their support website.

So quick solution is to always check for updates on the Aspen Tech support site.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
avinashs
New Contributor I

I have successfully integrated Intel OneAPI Fortran with AspenPlus.  If you are an experienced user, you can manually edit (using say Notepad++) the compilers.cfg file that is in the folder ..\AspenTech\AprSystem VXX.X\Engine\Xeq. Create a new entry and change (1) VS20XX to the correct version as well as IFDir=XXX to the version of Intel OneAPI that you are currently using. In all of the preceding instructions, XXX refers to the version specific information. After saving compilers.cfg,  run the AspenPlus compiler selection utility and the OneAPI compiler will show up as one of the entries (possibly the only one since you have no other Intel compilers), which you can select to enable AspenPlus to complete the compiler settings that it needs internally. I have done this successfully with V10.X and V11.X. I have also done it with V12.X but have been unable to test it due to other issues related to V12.X installation. As a reminder, AspenPlus is now a 64-bit software starting with V11.X, which must be adhered to consistently while linking user-defined modules.

DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

Just to close this in case someone else is looking in future

Even though the Aspen v12.0 install does not include the config file for the 2021 version of OneAPI Fortran, AspenTech provide an updated version of the config64.cfg file on their support website.

So quick solution is to always check for updates on the Aspen Tech support site.

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

The file you want to download from the Aspen support website is Compilers64.cfg. However, this is infrequently updated since AspenTech is usually not checking on oneAPI updates. For example, the new Compilers64.cfg was released only on 10.28.2021, after this thread originated. Hence, the instructions in my previous post should be kept handy if you update the compiler to a different version and need to use it with A+. Further, the same question has been asked in the past by AspenTech users and not all of them have (or are eligible for) customer support accounts (such as university students).

0 Kudos