Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Building .net applications

kplotkin
Beginner
I need to build a program that will operate under the .net framework. I had the impression this was possible with IVF, but I can't find any mention of it in the documentation.

Is this possible? If so, where can I find instructions/switches/whatever?

Ken Plotkin
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you mean, do Intel compilers have a switch to generate managed clr code, no, they don't.
The subject of interoperability with C# has been discussed here from time to time.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There is, however, a feature called the COM Server Wizard. This creates a framework for a COM Server application, which in DLL form can be called from a .NET application. This is a topic that requires a lot of background in COM and how it works. It is also possible to generate a normal native-mode DLL and have it called from a .NET application through "marshalling". Several samples of the latter are provided with the product.
0 Kudos
kplotkin
Beginner
Thanks, Steve. That gives me a path to our com/c# gurus...and a chance of keeping my program in Fortran.

Ken
0 Kudos
Paul_Curtis
Valued Contributor I
Quoting kplotkin
...and a chance of keeping my program in Fortran.

Fortran has been around for a lot longer than .NET, and the odds on which programming framework will last longer into the future are pretty clear as well. Good luck.

0 Kudos