Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

CoArray HYDRA_BINDING

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Using an MPI program I can specify -bind-to object (board, numa, socket, core, hwthread) to affect where and how many of the objects to assign to a process (rank).

CoArrays uses MPI, but the "mpiexec [options]" program
is cleverly hidden.

In the Coarray section of the dev guide document it suggest using a configuration file, but only curtly says to consult the Intel MPI Library.

The MPI Library reference (as looking though the index and by searching), shows how to specify the path/name of the configuration file. By I am stymied as to how to find out the content rules for the configuration file.

For an MPI application, I can use -bind-to to attain what I want.

The environment variable HYDRA_BINDING appears in one place in the Intel documents, but there is no indication as to if when launching a coarray application, that the contents of this environment variable are use for the value of the -bind-to option.

Can anyone point me to a description of the content of the MPI configuration file as used by IVF Coarrays and/or if environment variable HYDRA_BINDING is used by IVF Coarrays.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Barbara_P_Intel

Did you see this article? There is an example of a config file.  It is target to a distributed environment, but that might just help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

Did you see this article? There is an example of a config file.  It is target to a distributed environment, but that might just help.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Thanks, that is just what I need.

It would have been nice if this information (or link to) was in the index of the compiler documentation.

Happy New Year

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Beware the children of the Hydra's Teeth....... (Been watching old movies)

0 Kudos