Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28385 Discussions

Continuing after my student's licence expires - HELP!!!

Rwasoka__Donald
Beginner

Hi

I have had a student's licence for the past year and it expired on December 15 2017. I need clarification on the next steps and implications?

I have figured that one needs to apply again. So I have done that and I now have a new link and serial number for the product Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux. I assume the new link gives me the 2018 product. My questions therefore are:

1 With this new serial number and link, does this mean I have to re-install Parallel studio afresh i.e. deleting the existing one and starting afresh from scratch? Is there no way of continuing with the existing 2017 Parallel studio for another year using the newly supplied serial number?

2) If I delete the 2017 version and install the new one afresh, will I still be able to work with the programs I compiled with the previous, now expired, Parallel studio (2017)?

When i was compiling my codes with Parallel studio 2017, i faced many problems to get the Intel compilers to work and I am dreading going through the whole process and having to re-compile all my different programs that I use in my research. I don't mind the option of renewing the existing one for another year for the next four years of my graduate studies. I cant be re-starting with compilation at the start of each year or asking the technician to remove last year's version and compile the new Parallel Studio at the beginning of each year for the next four years

Donte

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

What you need to do is open the Intel Software Manager app and enter the new serial number. This will "activate" the license and you'll be good to go. You don't need to reinstall, but if you want to you can install the 2018 version over the older one. This will leave both versions on your system (and you'll be able to use either one.) If you want to uninstall 2017 first, go ahead - it won't affect your programs.

If you have problems using the compiler, just ask here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

What you need to do is open the Intel Software Manager app and enter the new serial number. This will "activate" the license and you'll be good to go. You don't need to reinstall, but if you want to you can install the 2018 version over the older one. This will leave both versions on your system (and you'll be able to use either one.) If you want to uninstall 2017 first, go ahead - it won't affect your programs.

If you have problems using the compiler, just ask here.

0 Kudos
Rwasoka__Donald
Beginner

thanks... great solution

Just what i needed!!

0 Kudos