Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28597 Discussions

Creating a DLL for calling by an External Procedure call in Oracle9i

warwickb
Beginner
I tried creating a DLL for calling within Oracle via an External Procedure Call which didn't work. I notice that I specified the Language as being C. Quite possibly Oracle cannot handle FORTRAN DLLs? I'm not at all familiar with DLL technology so find it hard to understand why the language matters as regards an object file.

Also I note an Oracle Note:
True Multi Threaded Server [MTS] support is currently unavailable for the external procedure agent.
There is a one client to one EXTPROC AGENT relationship. Could that have influenced things?

Just thought I'd ask you before I asked Oracle if a FORTRAN-derived DLL should be able to be used. The chances are that they would say no but you might have a better understanding of IVF capabilities.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
If a C++ DLL can be used, a Fortran DLL can be used. It would be helpful to see their example of a C++ DLL or a description of the required interface.

In many cases, applications which support external DLLs require the STDCALL convention, but that's not a firm rule.
0 Kudos