Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Downloading Intel fortran compiler

khirad
Beginner

Respected all

HI at my office we have received a simulation model in PSCAD. Now i have a PSCAD license however to run the model i need intel fortran complier version 13. I cannot find it . Also i think version13 is outdated so where and how do i download the latest complier. Please note i only need intel fortran compiler. 

Thank you 

Khirad

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Version 2016 and earlier versions of Intel Parallel Studio are no longer available. The current version is free to download and use, but support can be purchased if desired.

To compile Fortran code, you will need i) Microsoft VIsual Studio, including C++ development tools, ii) OneAPI HPC toolkit and, if you want to install the MKL component, iii) OneAPI Base toolkit.

You must obtain Visual Studio from Microsoft and install it first.

The downloads for the Intel toolkits are here.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Version 2016 and earlier versions of Intel Parallel Studio are no longer available. The current version is free to download and use, but support can be purchased if desired.

To compile Fortran code, you will need i) Microsoft VIsual Studio, including C++ development tools, ii) OneAPI HPC toolkit and, if you want to install the MKL component, iii) OneAPI Base toolkit.

You must obtain Visual Studio from Microsoft and install it first.

The downloads for the Intel toolkits are here.

khirad
Beginner

Hi 

Thank you . The problem that i was facing is that i am using a proprietary model in PSCAD. Now when i would run the model with PSCAD using fortran 13 then the model runs when i try compiling the same model in intel 15 or 16 it doesnt compile and throughs up errors. When i asked the OEM of the model they replied yes the model will only work with fortran 13 if you want to run it with newer version of fortran we will do it but at a cost. the cost is way tooo high. Hence i need fortran v 13 setup

0 Kudos
khirad
Beginner

Hi 

From a source i have managed to get a setup of  Intel visual fortran compiler XE 12.0.5.221 . However when i run the setup it is asking me for a serial key. If Intel fortran compiler is free to use as mecej4 has stated why is it asking me for a serial key. Please note i am not interested in support i only want to use the compiler. Please help me  

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

>>From a source i have managed to get a setup of  Intel visual fortran compiler XE 12.0.5.221 

That is a 2011 version of ifort which required a license.

Please download the 2021 version of OneAPI (free), which includes ifort and ifx versions of Fortran (as well as Intel's two versions of C++). Read the requirements as Window installation requires MS's C++ development software (there is a free kit for this), and on Linux you need the Gnu C++ development software.

RE: Needing to use Version 13 of ifort. You will have to obtain the ...lic file from the user that you obtained the V13 setup file.

.OR.

Work through the errors in PSCAD

.OR.

Use the OneAPI ifort to compile only the parts of the application you need to modify/add, and then use the V11 you have to link the application together with PSCAD

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos