Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28633 Discussions

Enumerating global parameters in a subroutine (DEBUG mode)

acar
Beginner
In debugging my application I can happily enumerate values of local variables but cannot seem to enumerate globally defined parameters included through a USE statement. If I type the parameter name, say BORIS, into the watch window I get the value - Undefined variable BORIS. Is this the expected behaviour? Thanks ACAR.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Set the option Fortran > Debugging > Information for PARAMETER constants > Used (or All if you prefer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Set the option Fortran > Debugging > Information for PARAMETER constants > Used (or All if you prefer)
0 Kudos
acar
Beginner
I've tried that Steve but it doesn't seem to work. Might be that I need to recompile the complete application but then if a change were made to the application properties that required full recompilation then presumably that would happen on building?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Typically, yes, when you change options all sources get recompiled. Does it still not work on a rebuild? I just tried this and it worked for me.
0 Kudos
acar
Beginner
I have just done a rebuild and yes the application property change has taken affect - I can now enumerate globally defined parameters. This should surely have been flagged up when I requested a build of the application?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yes, it should, and does when I try it.
0 Kudos
acar
Beginner
Okay - I must have missed it. Thanks for your help Steve.
0 Kudos